What would your thoughts be if you knew that the money the government takes from your work salary is used in a major facelift for a famous street in your country when you can't even notice what the facelift effects were?
Just last Sunday, when I went to Orchard Road with my friends to chill out and relax, I made use of the opportunity to observe the "upgraded" shopping haven in Singapore, trying in vain to notice the "facelift" effects and how it would change our experience in Orchard Road for the better. However, after a day of tiring my legs walking up and down Orchard Road, I recounted the basic essence of the commentary I read to them, and asked them for their opinions. By the look of their surprised faces, I could already predict their answers. True enough, they exclaimed that they never noticed anything that has changed, and that they weren't even aware that a facelift has taken place.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I recounted the basic essence of the commentary I read to them, and asked them for their opinions.
ReplyDeleteWhat this phrase mean? Why recount? They don't read newspapers? If you put it like,"I asked them whether they have seen the article a few months ago on upgrading of Orchard Road. Most of my friend have not read it and never even noticed the changes in Orchard Road."
Eh bro. Read the whole thing carefully before asking, or check the dictionary. It means i told them parts of the commentary given to us, containing the basic essence of the whole thing.
ReplyDeleteI can't pick out your thesis. And there is no scope. Your points shouldn't be integrated into your puller.
ReplyDeleteIts not a commentary. Its an newspaper article instead. Really. There is even a reporter.
ReplyDelete@Cheng Sin: It's just an intro... But um what do you mean by puller?
ReplyDelete@Wei Ren: comments are reserved for CONSTRUCTIVE comments like CS'. If you cant do that, go away, you stuck-up person.
Well no matter now i read this article i could not find it even similiar to a commentary...
ReplyDeleteIt's an introduction la Zheyuan. Obviously it wont sound like a commentary. Duh. How daft can you get?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLoser :D You're like Jonathan Chng. Use virtual female pictures as profile pictures. Tsk tsk. Be constructive :D
ReplyDelete